- 14-Ago-2007: First english version
Antivirus and firewalls are a must-have nowadays. That's the reason to leave a room for them here, no matter if they are not directly related to computer programming:
- AVG has a free version for Windows, which seems to work very well.
- Antivir. The "personal" version is free for Windows (95 to XP).
- F-Prot can also be freely downloaded in its Dos version (useful as a second opinion in a computer with another antivirus installed). The Linux version is free but requires registration. The latest Dos version can be downloaded from here, the virus definition files upgrade from here. The evaluation versions are here.
- ClamWin is for Windows, but, as the previous one, is not always active, but on demand, so it can be useful to get a second opinion in a computer which already has an antivirus.
Commercial antivirus (most times, that means that you have to buy them, but also that you have to pay each year if you want to keep on receiving upgrades):
- Zone Alarm. Created by Zone Labs, good, with a downloadable free version.
Changes in this page